Have you got old clothes in your closet that have gone out of season but are still in love with? Do not you just wish you could do something to spice it up a little bit to make it look new again? Well you absolutely can! It is all pure and simple! All you need is a few handmade glass beads in all the perfect colors and voila! It will be as good as brand new! You will never know the power that a few dainty beads and some thread can do for your apparel. Now take your time to sort out those old clothes, give away those that are no good for you anymore, and keep those that you can still spice up through beadwork.
Are you just not glad how a few beadworks can save you a lot of money in buying new clothes? You will find all the materials that you need at your local bead stores or craft shops. There are so many things you can benefit from it. Now let us start with a few tips we can use in spicing up that horrible and plain wardrobe.
• Do you have a blouse with a boring, faded print? Why not highlight that print by sewing some beads on their outline and directly into the cloth? You will surely be amazed by the amazing results.
• Do not be worried if your old wardrobe has intricate swirls or plain cuff trims because whether it is a blouse, a pair of old jeans, sweaters, tank tops, tees, coats or jackets; beads will still be a fun and stylish way to bring out your ordinary wardrobe.
• Beadwork does not only do wonders on old clothes, it is also pretty much popular as an accessory. If you want to give a new look to your attire, a few striking accessories on the neck, ears, wrist and fingers will surely do the trick. Or you can add beads to your handbags, gloves, scarves, slippers, hats and even head bands!
• Having a quiet dinner with your partner or some friends? Are you dying to make a statement as a host? Aside from the soothing cast of candlelight over your silverware, you can also jazz it up by sewing some sparkly and glittery beads on your placemats, napkins, hang some on your chandelier or your centerpieces.
• There are endless ways to creatively use those beads even in your own home! Sew them on your towels and pillows, or your blankets and curtains, even on wall sconces and candle holders. Make your door appear more inviting by draping it with a curtain made out of pretty bead strands. There are thousands of simple beaded jewelry making tutorials that you can find online to give you some inspiration and ideas.
• Also, never forget to hand wash your beaded items. Never put those in a washing machine or else you will never see that beautiful and intricate beadwork again!
If you would prefer you can watch this article in video format:.